January 24th is National Plan Your Vacation Day-Plan Your Outer Banks Vacation
Celebrated on the last Tuesday in January, it's the perfect day to start Planning Your Outer Banks Vacation!
Whether you’re planning a quick weekend trip or an epic family adventure, it’s important to take the time to plan ahead. Planning not only saves time and tension - it can save money too!
Here are some tips to help make your travels hassle-free and enjoyable.
1. Set a budget: Before you start planning, determine your budget. Staying in a hotel? Renting a house? Driving? Flying? answers to these questions will be based on the budget you're willing to spend.
2. Choose your destination. Looking to stay off the beaten path and co-exist with the wild horses on the Northern Beaches? Want to be more centrally located near stores, shopping, and restaurants in Nags Head or Duck? How about heading south to the quaint village of Ocracoke? Do you want to be on the Sound side? Ocean side? The Outer Banks offers unique experiences to nearly everyone. The best part? You can fly there within a a few hours.
3. Pick your Travel Dates. The Outer Banks has blossomed into one of the most popular summer vacation destinations on the East Coast. Mid- June to early September is considered "high" season. The "shoulder" seasons (just prior to and following the "high" season) offer discounted rates and smaller crowds. Visit during the off-season to find plenty of empty beaches, community festivals, and temperate weather, with just a few of the shops and restaurants on a well-deserved break.
4. Book Lodging. Once you have your budget and travel dates set, it's time to book lodging. The Outer Banks has a wide variety to choose from, but nowhere will you find high rise hotels or all-inclusive mega resorts. What you will find are quaint beach cottages, rental homes and houses, and a few smaller hotels and resorts. Houses, hotels and cottages book fast in the Outer Banks, some up to a year in advance. Start your search now with local real estate companies and vacation rental listing services. Booking early provides better options for availability, price and amenities.
5. Book Transportation. Book charter flights and rental cars now to get a jump on the most anticipated dates and times. Saturdays and Sundays are the heaviest volume traffic days. If you are flying into the Outer Banks directly or need air shuttle service from one of the major airports (such as Charlotte, Norfolk, Dulles, or Raleigh), don't wait! Book your flight with OBXA today!
In celebration of National Plan Your Vacation Day - OBXA IS GIVING $250 OFF CONFIRMED ROUND TRIP BOOKINGS MADE BETWEEN 1/24/23 and 1/30/23! *
6. Plan Excursions and Adventures. Take the time to research which activities might have advance booking options or will need reservations made closer to your travel dates. Along with our renowned beaches, these are some of the other great experiences in the Outer Banks!
Experience historical theatre at Fort Raleigh in Manteo!
Take to the sky for one of our amazing aviation experiences (check out our Bi-plane and Top Rated Air Tours)!
Book a fishing excursion or wild horse tour
Sample our local craft brews and wines along with amazing seafood and dining options
The possibilities are endless!
Planning is crucial to making the most of your Outer Banks Vacation. Give us a call or click on one of the links below to lock in those travel plans. We love the Outer Banks and want to help you make your 2023 Outer Banks Vacation one to remember!
*Discount does not apply to our already-discounted Block Time purchases or current Special Fares, and cannot be combined with other offers.